YouTube is one of the most popular apps on Smart TVs and also game consoles. With a recent change to the TV interface, it will now be easier and faster to connect to the app and sync quickly your channels and playlist options. In this tutorial, Gadgets9To5 explains how it works.
- Until recently, users had to log into the app by typing in their username and password on a web browser.
- YouTube TV interface now uses Wi-Fi to detect connected smartphones
- This new feature allows you to log in without having to enter any credentials
- The new feature is coming to gaming consoles soon
Before you start, make sure that the YouTube app is up to date on both the TV / game console and your smartphone ( YouTube for Android / Apple YouTube for iOS ). According to Google, both devices will need to be connected to the same Wi-Fi network. At the time of writing, the quick connect feature is not available on some game consoles. But Google’s support page says the feature will be supported on PlayStation and Xbox consoles.
To quickly connect to your TV’s YouTube app, follow the steps below:
- Open the YouTube app on your TV
- Select Log in from the left menu
- Then select Login again , this time on the right side of the screen
- Select the option Log in with my smartphone
- Open the YouTube app on your smartphone
- The app should display a pop-up window confirming the connection, select the correct account, and then tap Continue as [user]
- Confirm your selection on the next screen by pressing the Connect button .
It’s done. The account should be associated with the TV app. To log out, all you have to do is open the account in the left menu, then select the Logout option .
Was this tutorial helpful to you? Do you know any other smart TV tips? Share them with us in the comments!